BSW students are prepared for generalist practice through the department’s curriculum and field placement. Examples of generalist practice jobs/agencies/field sites include:
- Affordable housing programs
- Advocacy organizations, legislators, and policy think tanks
- Case management
- Child care and after-school programs
- Child welfare services
- Community service boards
- Emergency services (homeless services/shelters, domestic violence services/shelters)
- Services for at-risk youth (foster care, group homes, residential living facilities, after-school programs, etc.)
- Services for people with disabilities (including intellectual disabilities)
- Services for older adults (adult day care, community-based living programs, home health care, nursing homes, etc.)
Transfer credit evaluations are handled by the Office of Admissions. A useful tool for seeing how credits might transfer can be found on the Office of Admissions’ website.
Please email the BSW Program Director, Dr. Daniel Freedman at email@example.com to schedule an appointment. In addition, you will need to complete the Undergraduate Change/Declaration of Academic Program form (pdf).